Sunday, April 20, 2014

What It Means To Me To Write #2

I thought I would explain what it means to me to write poetry.  Poetry is a way for me to get inside my emotions and thoughts, much like assessing your subconscious with active words. Writing has always been a way for me to explain my thoughts, concerns, friendships, things that have happened, and love. What I could not say or feel on the outside I could write about from the inside. I was 13 when I began to write prose and shortly moved to poetry. It was a succinct way for me to get my thoughts across rather than some ballooned paragraph.  It has been a great way to express my purpose using alliteration and metaphors to really bring out the true hidden thoughts.  Writing, yes, is an escape but it is what makes me truly love life, people, and all the surroundings with a passionate feeling.

Many things inspire me to write and for the most part it is the relationship between me, people I know and my thoughts about them.



Bill 

No comments:

Post a Comment